Friday, March 9, 2007

Rooney wants United for life!


Wayne Rooney sees no reason why he would ever want to leave Manchester United.
The striker joined The Red Devils as a teenager from Everton two years ago in a deal which could eventually cost £30 million.He has quickly established himself as the driving force in the United side and is hoping to remain an integral figure for years to come."People say I could now have my pick of clubs, but this is where I want to be," Rooney told The Sunday Mirror."In fact, I want to extend my contract at Manchester United. I don't want to go anywhere else."I look at people like Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville and I want to be here as long as they have."This is a big club and no one I know ever wants to leave."I don't have any regrets whatsoever about joining Manchester United."I came here because when I was growing up they were the team that won everything and I believe I can achieve what I want to achieve here."There is something that is very special about Manchester United and I want to be part of it for as long as I can."After winning the Carling Cup with United last season, Rooney admits his target is to now lift major honours with the club.He added: "I want to win everything - The Premiership, the Champions League and, yes, also the World Cup."It might not happen, but that's what my aim is. That's the reason why I'm in football."Winning the Carling Cup last season was fantastic. It was great to win my first ever medal."But the medals that really matter at United are The Premiership and the Champions League. That's how it is at a club this size and hopefully we can achieve those things in the next few years."

Source: Sky Sports

No comments: